OCT4

November 14, 2012

[HAIR]: Chocolate Strawberries?

Finally I get a breather from all the exam stress. Finished 3papers, two of them back-to-back yesterday and today. And last paper on Monday! So...decided that I should take a chill pill and relax for tonight and have an early sleep. Have been sleeping roughly 5am every day just revising and studying. And obviously nobody's attention span can be THAAT productive, I too fall victim to the ever rising and prevailing sickness known as procrastination.. da dummzz.. enlightening.. no? haha

So anyway, as the title suggests. This is gonna be an entry on how I achieved my latest hair color. In my previous blog entry where I mentioned on my hair "project". The "project" I had in mind was actually waay more severe or crazy than what I ended up finally doing. Basically cause I still had to bear in mind that I'd be working in Hilton, so obviously no crazy-colored-hairstyles allowed unfortunately :(

For those that follow me on my Instagram @michellechengg or by just looking at my widget on the side, you've probably already seen my new hair color. But it's all blurry and noisy and full of filters that the color isn't presented to how it really is irl (and also just cuz I've taken a whole bunch of photos and taken up so much of my time I'm NOT gonna let it go to waste eventhough you've already seen my hair color. so sux to be you :D)

Moving on. These are the items that I used:

Where to get these products I've already mentioned them before in a previous post where
I actually went BLONDE!


The two John Frieda Conditioners were the extras I had from all the previous boxes of hairdyes I've used in the past few months i think. FYI, It's ONE FULL and ONE HALF.


Once you have your items, tools, mixture all ready, ensure you have on your disposable gloves, to protect yourself from getting stains all over your hands. And more importantly a PROTECTING CAPE! to avoid staining your clothes from the dye. I recommend wearing any old shirt that you don't mind getting a few stains on.


STEP 1:

  • Squeeze out a small amount of the Vendetta Red into the mixing bowl
  • Squeeze out TWICE that amount of Pink Moon into the mixing bowl. 
  • And mix! 



STEP 2:

  • You'd get a really dark red mixture, and because I wanted mine to be of a brighter pink, I added more of the Pink Moon to get the color that I want. 
  • Just keep adding and mixing and repeating that process until you get the ideal color that you desire. 
  • For me, that's all the amount I squeezed into the mixing bowl. 



STEP 3:

  • Finally, squeeze in the whole bottle of the conditioner. 
  • In my case, I added in ONE AND A HALF bottles of conditioner.
  • Judge by the size of your own conditioner bottles, mine was 10ml each. (i.e: i added in 15ml of conditioner)
  • MIX WELL!

And, Tadah! You'd get a color somewhat like that.


STEP 4:

  • GO crazy and slop this all over the part of your hair that you want to dye.
  • I separated my hair into two sections: Top and Bottom
  • and dyed ONLY the bottom part of my hair..
I have reaallly such fine fair!! T_T

WAITING TIME: 45MINS~60MINS MAX! 

Wash and shampoo as usual and revel in your new gorgeously bright-coloured hair :D

BEFORE:
had bleached,blonde hair for the bottom half of my hair.
Unfortunately, the difference or contrast between the two was not all that obvious, so I ended up looking like as IF I didn't have enough hairdye to dye the whole of my head =.= but in fact it was on PURPOSE!! T_T..







AFTER:
(after my first wash)






Doesn't it look like chocolate strawberries?? I don't know I just keep thinking of that flavour whenever I look at my hair.. LOL! Although I must warn you that the COLOR DOES FADE QUICKLY so don't expect this to be like your permanent hair color.

Here are a few tips you could bear in mind before making up your mind on what color you're achieving for, be it brighter, darker or more toned down?

TIP#1: FOR MORE PASTEL TONES, SQUEEZE IN MORE OF THE CONDITIONER/TONER

TIP#2: FOR LONGER LASTING COLOR, USE A SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER RANGE SPECIFICALLY FOR COLOUR-TREATED HAIR. (I.E: SHAMPOO FOR COLOURED HAIR). 

TIP#3: BEAR IN MIND THAT THE COLOR FADES, SO SQUEEZE IN A BIT MORE COLOR TO YOUR MIX, TO GET YOUR DESIRED HAIR COLOR AFTER THE FIRST FEW WASHES (does that make sense? lol!)
  • so let's say for example, you are out to achieve a light pink color, squeeze in more PINK MOON into the mixture. 
  • although your first wash, your hair color would turn out REAALY bright pink.
  • wash your hair a few more days and the color will wash out and become a really pretty shade of light pink :) trust me! It's happened to my hair MANY TIMES! 
Hope you found this post informational and helpful :) Do comment below if you have any questions at all :D I've integrated the new NuffnangX conversation box so, if my previous comments have disappeared, then that's probably why. Haven't followed my blog on NuffnangX yet? What you waiting for! Go and click that NUFFNANGX BOX ON MY SIDE BAR AND FOLLOW ME! :D (thank youuu *with puppied eyes* picture that)

ALSO!! If you haven't checked out any of my YouTube videos, do check them out and comment/like/share them to your friends if my video has helped or shed some light on the basics of styling. I would very much appreciate your help :D 

For my Make-Up videos and Hair Tutorials, head on over to my YouTube Channel and click that SUBSCRIBE button :)


THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE!
*kisses*!
Goodnight Beautifuls :)