OCT4

October 29, 2012

[FACE]: My SkinCare Regime (Morning)

My Skin Regime (Morning)


#1 Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner
#2 Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin Youthful Radiance Generator
#3 Philosophy Hope-In-A-Jar
#4 Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Water

I have been asked a couple of times, what products do I use on my face. And it's taken me a long time to actually write on this, mainly cause I keep changing my favourite products. In fact, most of these products I just bought probably close to 2months ago? Have been using them diligently though and I'm absolutely loving them! 

So, let's start!  

MY SKIN TYPE: OILY TO COMBINATION SKIN

STEP 1: Cleanse
(stock photo cuz I didn't take a picture of my own bottle)

First off, I cleanse my face with Philosophy's Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser. Bought this a while back but never got around to actually using it for long periods of time. But recently, I started using it again and I must say it is absolutely perfect for my skin. With the Melbourne weather recently being so crazy, going from chilly winterly winds to strongly humid raining periods to absolutely hot and dry temperatures, this extremely gentle cleanser is perfect in combatting any effects that the weather might have on my skin.

PROS: 

  • makes my face feel clean and fresh without the over-drying feeling.
  • doesn't have much of a scent to it
  • have seen significant improvement on blackheads and whiteheads
CONS:
  • might be a little expensive, I got this for AUD$42 from Myers, so if you've bought it and found that it didn't work for you, as it did for me, you might feel it as abit of a waste. 
For me, I didn't mind the price tag at all, considering i've been using it for almost 2months now, and I still have more than half the bottle left. I'd say it's pretty worth every cent. Obviously, what might work for me may not work for everyone else. That's why it takes literally many trial-and-errors to get the perfect facial cleanser that works for you. Luckily for those that are interested in trying this out, their official webpage does offer sample sizes that you could buy and try. Click HERE .

STEP 2: Toner



I soak a cotton pad with this baby and gently dab all over my face. This Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner works as a TONER. Bought this during my Taiwan trip in April and have been using it ever since. The bottle is sooo huge that it lasted me all the way till September. A good whole 5MONTHS and maybe even more. I can't remember exactly the price, but I'm loving this so much that I am now currently on my second bottle! As stated in the picture, it is like a 7-in-1 Toner and for me, it actually really delivers in all of them..

PROS:
  • pores appear smaller
  • my face tends to appear less oily towards the end of the day 
  • keeps my face feeling fresh
  • refreshing yet mild scent
I don't have any cons for this product. In terms of quality and price, I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS! And I would say this is my greatest find so far! Click HERE for their official website. Unfortunately they don't sell online but I'm sure you can find them on eBay if you do not have an Etude House store in your area. 

STEP 3: Serum



The next thing, whatever category you'd like to put this into, I apply this miracle serum, Tsuya Skin by Shu Uemura. What this product promises is that it would give you "porcelain-fine, petal-soft, translucent glowing skin"(i'm just quoting from the website. lol!) But all jokes aside, I actually do believe that this product delivers what it said it would. I saw this in the in-flight shopping magazine (yes i do buy items on the airplane) and immediately needed to try it.. they're advertising and marketing skills were just too enticing. hahaha.

PROS:

  • my skin feel radiant and glowing the next day
  • lovely scent that makes me feel fresh
  • smooth gel-like texture that is easily absorbed into the skin
  • a little product goes a long way
CONS:
  • this is rather expensive if you're on a tight budget. I got this for SGD$68-$75 (I can't remember exactly) on the airplane and I think that's considered cheap, because it's selling at USD$85 on their official website. 
  • scent may be too strong for others (I personally love the smell though :D)
Been using this for almost a month and a half and I must say I'm getting positive results with this product and as such will definitely purchase this again once I'm finished. As stated earlier, a little goes a long way so this little baby can probably last you close to 4-5 months. Click HERE for their official online store. 

STEP 4: Moisturize



This little jar of hope is absolutely amazing! Philosophy products are pretty damn good! (judging by the two items I've used from them) It's making me want to try out every single product that they have to offer..unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me to :( But anyway, this little moisturizer aptly named Hope In a Jar does absolute powers. As mentioned earlier, I have OILY TO COMBINATION skin with the T-Zone being particularly prone to looking shiny and greasy. 

This miracle moisturizer with its light and fluffy texture effectively moisturizes my skin without leaving it too oily. And trust me, you do NOT want your face looking all greasy and shit. guys don't dig that.. do they? well atleast, I know I don't! And that's why I loveeee to keep my face looking as MATTE as possible. This moisturizer is a wonderful product because you don't need that much product to sufficiently hydrate your whole entire face. My face is pretty big, FYI, so having a moisturizer that works so well with such little product needed is just a winner for me. 

PROS:
  • light feathery texture makes it very easily absorbed into the skin
  • only need a little bit or product to apply over the entire face
  • hydrates my skin and leave it looking fresh and plump
  • perfect base for applying makeup
CONS:
  • may be a bit pricey (as does all of Philosophy's products)
And yet again, I state that I do find that you pay for what you get. Cuz the products really do deliver what they set out to. And again, you can always buy and try their sample from their official website by clicking HERE

STEP 5: (don't know what category this falls into, but I shall just call it another serum)


After moisturizer, I tend to apply small dots of this product over the areas of my face that tend to get oily throughout the day, like my T-Zone areas and my cheeks. This Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Water was a free sample I got upon purchasing the trial pack of their AC Clinic range thats targeted for acne and oil control. Like I've said, I don't really know what category this falls into but whatever it is, it does wonders for my oily-prone areas. 

What this product does is that it's supposed to combat and control sebum keeping your face matte and fresh-looking. It also acts as sort of a transparent pimple-fighting product. The liquid is milky white but upon applying it onto your face, it would turn transparent as it gets absorbed into your skin. I absolutely LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! Apart from the Wonder Pore, this is also my best find! 

PROS:
  • keeps my face looking matte and fresh throughout the day
  • preps skin for better make-up application
  • reduces size of any pimples I have (and the redness)
  • cooling and soothing sensation upon applying on face. 
CONS:
  • mild medicinal smell, but nothing too strong you can't tolerate
  • if apply too much, may be a bit too drying as it really absorbs and controls the sebum production on the face. (please apply a moisturizing moisturizer BEFORE applying this)
Since this is only a sample-sized bottle, I wanna conserve and save as much as I can so that it will last me till I get back to Malaysia and buy the full-sized bottle, so I only apply small dots over my face especially only over the oil-proned areas. I do not know the actual price of this product either but I'm guessing it should be affordable as Etude House products are always affordable and of good quality!
Couldn't find the official website for this product however, I do apologize. 


Hope this is informational enough..and do let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know? or just suggestions on how I can improve :) Thanks for reading and hope you have a wonderful week ahead! 

Goodnight beautifuls!