OCT4

July 24, 2012

[TRANSFORMATION]: Growing Up

Hello! I'm finally back with another blog entry after a long hiatus. Not that I was busy with work or anything, more like busy playing Diablo. lol! I'm a super slow player I must admit. I finally reached level 60 for my Monk like few days ago or maybe almost a week ago, and now I've started a new character, Wizard, just because I still keep dying in Inferno :(

Alright, enough geek talk, school's finally started again for me. Attended my first lecture today (night class), and my lecturer is Brit-ish! haha :D Love the british accent and the class was actually rather interesting but towards the end I got sooo sleepy mainly because I haven't had dinner and it was night time! I don't do very well in night lectures :( But oh well, consumer behaviour seems pretty interesting!

Days ago, I was looking through my old photos, like really really old photos of myself and am really glad to see how much I have changed, both in appearance and my outlook on life. Firstly, I am not saying that I am of great beauty now, I will however say that I have come very far in improving the way I look and am super happy that I had the chance to change my appearance. I am obviously talking about me having BRACES here, and not what other people have spread rumours about me undergoing Plastic Surgery =.= Please lah! If I have really undergone plastic surgery, I wouldn't still be constantly ranting on and on about actually wanting to have plastic surgery, don't make sense right?!

So anyway, I was born very fortunately, as a super cute and adorable baby. haha! No kidding! I really was super cute. And almost every family friend or aunty or uncle would comment how pretty I looked and how pretty and gorgeous I'd be when I grow up. Looking at how cute my old self was, I don't blame them for making that assumption.




Haha! See?! Pretty cute and adorable right? lol! That was BEFORE I dropped any of my baby teeth. I was a very late boomer and my baby teeth didn't drop till maybe when I was about 10-11 years old. At that age, I've had friends who've already had almost all their adult teeth. That defect of mine caused me to have really bad teeth as I was growing up during my teens, which affected my appearance very severely.

From the moment my adult teeth started to finally come out, that was when I stopped smiling with my teeth and proceeded to just smile, closed lips. The arrangement of my teeth caused my mouth to protrude and appear way larger and thicker than it actually is. LOL! I remember, back then, because of my teeth, I used to feel super super insecure and had a very low self-esteem. I know appearance isn't everything, but to me at that time, it really was! I couldn't understand why all my friends around me had perfectly alligned teeth, or even, my own sister had such perfect pearly whites, while I had to suffer being the ugly one in the family. I was only 10 and I had to endure being made fun of because of the way I smile.



 

My fashion sense at that time didn't help my appearance at all either. LOL! Mind you, at that time, I thought all those fashion accesories on my head and my dressing could help me look better, but oh how wrong I was. haha!

The following pictures were taken in Korea when I was 12 going on 13. I was really happy to be in Korea and experiencing snow for the first time, hence I have lots of snapshots of myself smiling with teeth. Plus my mother was always by my side encouraging me to smile with my teeth, she always told me she loved my teeth and that she never found it ugly at all. :') Thank you ma! I love you very much and thank you for always making me feel pretty :)

 


Then came my teenage years,



The closest shot of my teeth before I finally went ahead and gotten braces. The above shot was when I was 14. Looking back now, although I had ugly teeth, I was actually super thin! OMG! I wanna be that thin again!! LOL!

 
HAHAHA I can't stop laughing at the above picture! LOL! This was when I was 15, and it was also the year I started experimenting with makeup together with my BFF KitYan. LOL! We both, at that time, were into the Punnk fashion and clearly it was an epic fail! We ended up looking like maids. hahah! sorry, no offence intended but seriously.. LOL!! I was wearing braces at the time, and because I used the ceramic ones, it got stained really easily hence my teeth looking very yellow and dirty.. eeww~


Here, finally after 2years, 16 going on 17, I finally took off my braces :D Now I can has perfect teeth! And just to show how much different I look from then and now, here's a recent selca of myself.



Actually, now I realise, I don't even smile with my teeth that much anymore, you know why??? Cause it makes my face look fat!!  :'( oh the irony!! HAHAHA I apologize for this lengthy post. I think the point I'm just trying to get across is that I am very grateful and thankful for being able to improve on my looks, regardless of how badly tormented or traumatized I was as a child. The number of remarks made on me just because of my teeth, seriously... I am not a person of great beauty, and therefore I will keep on finding ways to further improve my looks till the point I may really really consider plastic surgery in the future. haha but for now, makeup and photoshop will have to do :D Like I always say, "there are no ugly women in this world, only lazy people" So girls! if you aren't happy with the way you look, just go ahead and improve it, we don't always have to resort to extreme means. Just get tonnes of makeup products and experiment the shit out of it. lol! :D

FYI, all photos above, including the last few were not photoshopped in any way please....